Charles J. Schuck III
926 Aurora Ave
Saint Paul, Mn. 55104
- An accomplished certified customer-focused position with 20+ years of experience.
- Excellent communication, documentation and analytical problem-solving skills.
- With extensive administration, deployment and supporting Microsoft and Mac Operating systems in Enterprise environments.
- LAN troubleshooting, resolution, helpdesk support, hardware/software installations, disaster recovery, configuration, and discovery of new and undocumented software error resolution.
- Accountable for leading a team of 10 Intel analysts testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and reconfiguring servers and laptops for resale to customers throughout the United States.
- Responsible for administering, optimizing and supporting internal LAN/WAN infrastructure consisting of Windows 2016 Active Directory and more than 200 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 10 professional desktops.
- Researched, recommended and implemented new hardware and software into the environment to increase efficiency.
- Monitored and supported internal network security, including Firewall management: adding/modifying rule-set and policy changes, adding filters, investigating and resolving network intrusions occurrences and setup.
- Responsible for auditing a large government contractors network and systems for security holes, including installation patches, service packs and other windows server updates assuring the maintaining of it’s C2 security level.
- Used Active Directory to put users in correct groups to get applications pushed to their test machine
Installed and Maintained Small Business Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
Responsible for auditing a large government contractors network and systems for security holes, including installation patches, service packs and other windows server updates ensuring the maintenance of its C2 security level.
Extensive experience with ticketing system like ServiceNOW, HP Service Manager, Zendesk service and
Remote Tools: Damewarem TeamViewer, Netops, VNC, ConnectWISE, RDP, LogMEin, Zoho Assist
Troubleshoot and repaired both server and Dell PC issues
Migration PC’S from Windows XP to Windows 7 to Window 10
Worked with many and varied customers in a variety of businesses
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 10
Server OS: Windows Server 2008 and 2010, Small Business Server 2010 and 2012
Other: Exchange, SCCM 2007 and 2012, System Patching, Active Directory, Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x, URL White/Black listing, SAN
Ticketing Tools: ServiceNow, HP Service Manager, Remedy, Spiceworks, CA Service Desk Manager, Zendesk service ticketing system.
ITT Technical College- Bachelor of Science ( Information Systems and Cybersecurity )
Cisco: Studying for my CCNA
CompTIA: A+, Network +, Server +
Microsoft: MCP, MCSE, MCDST
SMT Soldering Certified ( Lead FREE )
Specialty MFG Co, March 2018-September 2019
System Support Specialist
- Ability to handle both project management and technical deployment of PC’s , Scripting using
- Migration of users from Win 7 to Win10 OS, Used Active Directory to put users in correct groups to get applications pushed to their test machine
- Coordinate with AD team to pull the list of Win7 OS systems, and Active Directory team for AD clean up
- Manage a deployment schedule for replacing the PC and migration of users
- Work with procurement team and schedule the delivery of PC as per the schedule
- Coordinate with users for cutover schedule and any communication needs
- Develop and script PC Staging, Reimage and user provisioning and Cutover of user s data, applications & peripherals to new PC’s
- Handle any license recovery or reallocation issue for user applications
- Share weekly status report with customer project management office
- Maintain risk, issues log with mitigation plans
Day to day Activities.
- Utilize proper troubleshooting methodology and the OSI model to fix client issues
- Ability to concisely document systems, processes, issues, and resolutions; professional writing skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to management and clients
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to concisely document systems, processes, issues, and resolutions; professional writing skills.
3M., April 2017-March 2018 ( Contract Successfully Completed )
IT Security Analyst
· Ensuring that goals of the incident management process are achieved, identifying security events, analyzing and responding quickly to minimizes impact on business.
· Performed security research, analysis and design for all client computing systems and the network infrastructure.
· Developed implemented and documented formal security programs and policies.
· Perform adds, moves, changes and deletions from TCP-IP administration of subnets, DHCP, DNS, and devices using the Neustar UltraDNS, bluecat. – Actively involved in:, – CyberArk Enterprise Password Vault, -ClearPass Policy Manager, -Active Directory.
Deloitte Consulting LLP., September 2016- April 2017 ( Contract Successfully Completed )
Associate Technology Support
- Supporting Deloitte’s internal, external partners and consultants, Within windows 8, 8.1, 10, Surface and iDevice secure environment.
- First response for all Internal and external global compliant policy issues related to cyber security and virus’s infections.
- Recognized for outstanding quality of customer service with numerous customer-support awards and personal commendation from client.
- Administration of Microsoft BitLocker
- Vulnerability management of all virus infected corporate assets
- Provisioning on/off boarding accounts for all Deloitte Minneapolis employees from Microsoft active directory.
- Managed Samsung, Apple mobile phone and tables using Microsoft Intune Enterprise mobile device management system.
IBM- Allianz Life Insurance, Jun 2014-August 2016 ( Contract Successfully Completed )
Sr. Deskside Desktop Support Analyst
* Supporting Allianz’s internal and remote employees either in person or over the phone via RDP, Desktop Control or SCCM, or Dameware remote tools.
* Provided detailed documentation of technical resolutions via ServiceNOW and HP service manager.
* Provided end user security awareness and safe web practice training.
* Manage computers in Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to provide software deployment, compliance settings management, and comprehensive asset management.
* Responsible for supporting and maintaining Active Directory and Group Policy infrastructure also Create, modify, and delete user accounts through AD, maintain and update network access forms for users.
* Supporting both Windows XP, Windows 7 operating systems.
* Responsible for Imaging x86, x64 Lenovo Desktop, Laptops via SCCM 2012 RC2, and several custom Allianz web based and other life insurance applications in a Symantec endpoint secure environment.
Bilfinger Water, July2013-June2014 ( Contract Successfully Completed )
Senior Technology Desktop Support Analyst
* Provided Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 Administration, migration supporting to all onsite and offsite global employees in a manufacturing environment. Updating in person, Phone, Email, RDP and TeamViewer technical request using Zendesk service ticketing system.
* Designed an automated installation process of PEX boot image repository for operating system images to be installed on target workstation throughout the enterprise using Windows Deployment Services and SCCM.
* Played an active role in the approval of all global DELL hardware recommendation, testing and acquisitions.
* Perform administrative duties with regards to Windows Operating Systems Migrations using Active Directory and SCCM.
* Played an active role in asset management and approval of all global DELL hardware recommendation, testing and acquisitions.
* Administer desktop computers, printers, IPhones, iPAD, Tablet PC, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
* Created and maintained documentation of self-support articles for helpdesk Spiceworks knowledge base.
* Record all incidents using an Incident Tracking system according to the defined documentation standards
* Troubleshooting and problem-solving SAP system. Installation, Deployment and supported of AutoCAD 2013, 2014.
PC Gecko, January 2009-May 2013
* Increased Revenues through effective social media and search engine optimization marketing.
* Development of custom PHP helpdesk solution to increase overall technical service repairs for internal and onsite service tickets.
* Managed all documentation of technical standards and processes used to increase technical procedures from Linux virus removal server to VoIP help desk call tracking solution.
* Responsible for management of Google adword and all web related marketing efforts. Installation support of all Windows and Mac operating systems using Symantec ghost image system.
* Build of all OEM bare-bone computer systems built to suite the end user’s needs.
* Solved all Smartphone/ iPhone/iPad screen and mainboard replacement repair responsible for all BGA component level DC -Jack/ Motherboard Repairs including Mac liquid motherboard spill repairs.
* Diagnosed and repair of all BGA related issues with Sony PlayStation 3 Yellow Light of Death, Microsoft Xbox360 Red Ring of Death and other related gaming system issues using a Jovy Systems RE-7500 Re-work stations.
* Responsible for end-user and technical staff training.
Wise Guyz, April 2006–December 2009
Senior Desktop Support Technician
* Provided end user troubleshooting of all Microsoft (Win9x, NT, Win2000, Vista, and Win7) and Mac OSX 10.3 to 10.8 operating system issues including Virus, Malware removal in a timely manner.
* Deployed updates, service packs and hotfixes using Windows Update, Automatic Updates, and Group Policies.
* Managed all Network Connectivity using Cisco Linksys connectivity products.
* Create, modify, and delete user accounts through AD, maintain and update network access forms for users.
* Responsible for supporting and maintaining Active Directory and Group Policy infrastructure. Reset user passwords as needed.
* Performed component level de-solder/solder dc-jack repairs on Dell, HP, Sony, IBM, Gateway consumer laptops.
* Managed both incoming and outgoing service tickets, calls with an efficient time management and understand of overall technical issues to insure a 98 percentage first response closure rate of 20-25 repairs for onsite and offsite service calls per day.
Advanced Integrated Solutions, Inc, September 2000-February 2006
Mobile Support Consultant
* Accountable for leading a team of 10 Intel analysts testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and reconfiguring servers and laptops for resale to customers throughout the United States.
* Responsible for administering, optimizing and supporting internal LAN/WAN infrastructure consisting of Windows 2000 Active Directory and more than 100 Windows 2000 professional, Windows XP professional desktops.
* Researched, recommended and implemented new hardware and software into the environment to increase efficiency. Monitored and supported internal network security, including Firewall management: adding/modifying rule-set and policy changes, adding filters, investigating and resolve network intrusions occurrences and setup. Responsible for auditing a large government contractors network and systems for security holes, including installation patches, service packs and other windows server updates ensuring the C2 security levels.
* Provided support via remote connectivity, onsite, and over the phone on installations, upgrades and implementation of new and used system, PDA’s, blackberry mobile solutions and LAN hardware.
* Configuration of windows operating systems and hardware drivers.
* Administration, Setup, configure and maintenance of 100+ Macintosh systems in a Microsoft networked environment.
* Design and development of custom local and wide area networks based on the client’s needs.
* Development of custom office solution on multi-protocol LAN/WAN environments.